We, NewTech Business System offer a unique solution called UMPS (Uninterrupted Motive Power Supply) which carries out the function of providing power to load in case of blackout while at the same time does not require to be oversized in its rating. This is also an energy efficient solution as compared to conventional UPS. Hitachi Hi-Rel Power Electronics offers UMPS having range available up to 1500 kW, 50/60 Hz, LT or HT Voltages.
Uninterrupted Motive Power Supply (UMPS) is the most reliable concept of providing Uninterrupted Power Backup to 3ph motor loads. In case of normal power availability, the UMPS continues to give on-line 3ph power to critical motor loads with double conversion of power (the output frequency/speed remains constant irrespective of input voltage or frequency variations) and the batteries are also charged. In case of power failure, the charged battery continues to feed the motor through controlled inverter without any interruption to the load. The backup time is decided by the load and AH capacity of the battery.
- Efficient way to support Induction Motor Loads during Total Black Out
- Technically Superior Solution as compared to Standard UPS.
- Static Switch ensures Changeover of Load to Battery during Black Out
- No Battery Drains up to 15% reduction in Input Voltage
- Ensures Constant RPM till Battery Drains
- Load Start even during Blackouts
- Over sizing of the unit is not required.
- Provides uninterrupted power operation to the motor during brownout and blackout of the input supply. The backup time during loss of Input will vary with the size of the battery bank Installed.
- The motor starting current is limited to 110% to 150% of FLA depending on the application.
- Smooth starting of the load avoids Jed< to mechanical parts, reducing maintenance.
- Motor speed remains constant even if input frequency or voltage changes.
- Motor speed remains constant, improving quality of output process and throughput.
- Huge energy savings potential can be exploited by varying the motor speed.
- Near unity power factor at the input feeder.
- Static switch permits use of battery power only when required. This ensures longer back up time & extended cyclic life of the batteries. It also protects the batteries from deep discharge.
- Cold start of the load is possible even in the absence of grid power.
- In the event, the Input voltage does not revert to normal limits the system provides an alarm after a pre-determine time. In case the situation continues the system will go into the safe shut down mode after the lapse of pre-determine back up time.
- Normally the batteries will be fully charged again, within a maximum of 8 to 10 hours to provide, designed power backup. However, battery sizing can provide additional cycle of power backup, under power loss conditions, within 8 to 10 hours also. Actual recharge Is lower In case of lesser backup time or lower load condition.
- No need for separate hardware for motor protection.